51st McDonald's in south India
Plans to invest Rs 500 crore over the next 3 years.February 24, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
McDonald’s India has opened its 51st restaurant in the south and its 34th restaurant in Bangalore.
Owned by Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt Ltd in west and south India, McDonald’s has plans to invest Rs 500 crore over the next three years, with almost 50 per cent of the expansion to take place in south India.
Amit Jatia, Vice-Chairman, McDonald's India (West & South), said, “McDonald’s is committed to grow in India, particularly in the south.” He also said that the restaurant chain is on the lookout for opportunities to develop the brand to suit Indian preferences and seek out newer markets in the region by connecting with consumers in a better manner and developing new products.
McDonald's has 250 restaurants in the country and 33,000 across the globe. The restaurant chain serves approximately 67.8 million customers in 118 countries each day.
- SBI to auction retail store Loot
- Dabur surges to 21% in Q4
- Numero Uno Clothing Files IPO
- Truefitt and Hill to hit Metros and Tier-II cities with 100 outlets
- Sangeetha Mobiles to scout deep south thru 650 more stores
- Paytm & NCTI ink MoU to scale MSMEs
- Funskool to keep children engaged this summer
- Yes Bank hooks Twitter for their offline customers
- Women to play a big role in India Inc.
- Minister blacklists FabIndia Store for CCTV violation