51st McDonald's in south India
Plans to invest Rs 500 crore over the next 3 years.February 24, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
McDonald’s India has opened its 51st restaurant in the south and its 34th restaurant in Bangalore.
Owned by Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt Ltd in west and south India, McDonald’s has plans to invest Rs 500 crore over the next three years, with almost 50 per cent of the expansion to take place in south India.
Amit Jatia, Vice-Chairman, McDonald's India (West & South), said, “McDonald’s is committed to grow in India, particularly in the south.” He also said that the restaurant chain is on the lookout for opportunities to develop the brand to suit Indian preferences and seek out newer markets in the region by connecting with consumers in a better manner and developing new products.
McDonald's has 250 restaurants in the country and 33,000 across the globe. The restaurant chain serves approximately 67.8 million customers in 118 countries each day.
- Future Group Plans 1,000 stores
- KidZania ties up with MOD
- Reliance Digital stores in Mumbai
- Godrej launches Mobile Experience Centre
- Rock.in & Aporv.com shut shop
- Hero Cycles opens flagship store
- M&S under scanner for FDI violation
- Honda to open two-wheelers stores
- Havaianas opens first store in India
- Tara Jewellers expands retail footprint