Best Price now at Rajahmundry
The store will stock 5000 items including private labels as well.October 29, 2012 | comments ( 1 ) |
Bharti Walmart has launched its Best Price Modern Wholesale store in Rajahmundry, its fourth in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Spread over 53,000 sqft, the store will be a one stop shop offering benefits in price, choice, quality, hygiene and selections to kirana stores, hotels, restaurants, offices, institutions and businesses in and around Rajahmundry.
The 19th store in the country will create 170 direct jobs in Rajahmundry and nearby areas. The store will stock over 5000 items, including a wide range of foods, fruits and vegetables, dry groceries, personal and home care items, hotel and restaurant supplies, apparel, office supplies, electronic goods, and other general merchandise items. Several products available have been locally sourced from Rajahmundry and surrounding areas including Paper, Snacks & confectionaries, Dairy, frozen and bakery, Personal care, Tobacco. Also, some of the Private Label items available in the store that are sourced locally includes pickles, rice, stationery, maida, besan, idli and dosa mix, atta, pulses, spices and ghee.
Arvind Mediratta, Chief Operating Officer, Bharti Walmart, said, “We are delighted to set foot in the ‘Born City’ of Andhra Pradesh, Rajahmundry. It has been our constant endeavour to enhance shopping experience for our members with superior quality merchandise, service and the overall modern retail shopping practice that our stores have offered since 2008. We will help kirana stores, small & medium businesses, hotels, restaurants and institutions save money, so they can pass the benefits to their consumers and help them live better. Also, Bharti Walmart will source a large number of products locally, thus benefitting the local industries, and help create direct and indirect employment opportunities.”
Bharti Walmart is the joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and Walmart Stores Inc for wholesale, business-to-business and cash-and-carry operations in India.
- Quikr secures $60 million funding from investors
- US-based CNSI to double headcount at Chennai unit
- Narendra Modi likely to attend technology fair in Germany in 2015
- India home to 100 billionaires; 6th largest population globally
- Lupin inks pact with Merck Serono to expand in emerging markets
- Apparel Export Promotion Council seeks upward revision of duty drawback
- Bicycles costing less than Rs 3500 in UP will get exemption of VAT: Akhilesh
- World Bank keen to fund 2 mega Metro projects: MMRDA
- Indian economy expected to grow at 5.6% in FY\'15: FICCI
- India may oust China as top cotton producer in 2014: Report