Best Price now at Rajahmundry
The store will stock 5000 items including private labels as well.October 29, 2012 | comments ( 1 ) |
Bharti Walmart has launched its Best Price Modern Wholesale store in Rajahmundry, its fourth in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Spread over 53,000 sqft, the store will be a one stop shop offering benefits in price, choice, quality, hygiene and selections to kirana stores, hotels, restaurants, offices, institutions and businesses in and around Rajahmundry.
The 19th store in the country will create 170 direct jobs in Rajahmundry and nearby areas. The store will stock over 5000 items, including a wide range of foods, fruits and vegetables, dry groceries, personal and home care items, hotel and restaurant supplies, apparel, office supplies, electronic goods, and other general merchandise items. Several products available have been locally sourced from Rajahmundry and surrounding areas including Paper, Snacks & confectionaries, Dairy, frozen and bakery, Personal care, Tobacco. Also, some of the Private Label items available in the store that are sourced locally includes pickles, rice, stationery, maida, besan, idli and dosa mix, atta, pulses, spices and ghee.
Arvind Mediratta, Chief Operating Officer, Bharti Walmart, said, “We are delighted to set foot in the ‘Born City’ of Andhra Pradesh, Rajahmundry. It has been our constant endeavour to enhance shopping experience for our members with superior quality merchandise, service and the overall modern retail shopping practice that our stores have offered since 2008. We will help kirana stores, small & medium businesses, hotels, restaurants and institutions save money, so they can pass the benefits to their consumers and help them live better. Also, Bharti Walmart will source a large number of products locally, thus benefitting the local industries, and help create direct and indirect employment opportunities.”
Bharti Walmart is the joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and Walmart Stores Inc for wholesale, business-to-business and cash-and-carry operations in India.
- McDonald’s goes fashionable, launches fashion line
- Audi eyes 20K unit sales in India by 2018
- Will zero interest EMIs bring more consumers online?
- Bharti Airtel partners Amazon for cloud services
- Reliance Retail to sell REX Brand shoes
- Maharashtra Govt. allowing shops to open 365 days will benefit business and consumer equally
- Startups eyeing growing B2B e-commerce market
- LG India revenue jump 30% to Rs 24,000 cr
- Future Consumer Enterprise to raise Rs 100 crore through NCDs
- Xiaomi is India's top 4G handset vendor in Jan