Best Price now at Rajahmundry
The store will stock 5000 items including private labels as well.October 29, 2012 | comments ( 1 ) |
Bharti Walmart has launched its Best Price Modern Wholesale store in Rajahmundry, its fourth in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Spread over 53,000 sqft, the store will be a one stop shop offering benefits in price, choice, quality, hygiene and selections to kirana stores, hotels, restaurants, offices, institutions and businesses in and around Rajahmundry.
The 19th store in the country will create 170 direct jobs in Rajahmundry and nearby areas. The store will stock over 5000 items, including a wide range of foods, fruits and vegetables, dry groceries, personal and home care items, hotel and restaurant supplies, apparel, office supplies, electronic goods, and other general merchandise items. Several products available have been locally sourced from Rajahmundry and surrounding areas including Paper, Snacks & confectionaries, Dairy, frozen and bakery, Personal care, Tobacco. Also, some of the Private Label items available in the store that are sourced locally includes pickles, rice, stationery, maida, besan, idli and dosa mix, atta, pulses, spices and ghee.
Arvind Mediratta, Chief Operating Officer, Bharti Walmart, said, “We are delighted to set foot in the ‘Born City’ of Andhra Pradesh, Rajahmundry. It has been our constant endeavour to enhance shopping experience for our members with superior quality merchandise, service and the overall modern retail shopping practice that our stores have offered since 2008. We will help kirana stores, small & medium businesses, hotels, restaurants and institutions save money, so they can pass the benefits to their consumers and help them live better. Also, Bharti Walmart will source a large number of products locally, thus benefitting the local industries, and help create direct and indirect employment opportunities.”
Bharti Walmart is the joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and Walmart Stores Inc for wholesale, business-to-business and cash-and-carry operations in India.
- Godrej Industries plans to add 3000 employees by 2017
- NOFN will lead to e-commerce explosion in India: IT Minister
- OnMobile appoints François-Charles Sirois as non-executive Chairman
- Saudi agriculture show to have huge Indian participation
- Surat to have India's first diamond SEZ soon
- Kamdhenu to invest Rs 150-cr in paints division in three years
- 'China dominating Indian air conditioner market'
- Hilton plans to add more hotels in India
- Arvind takes franchise of The Children's Place
- State FMs want lower threshold of Rs 10 lakh for levying GST