Max unveils Auchan stores
Max Hypermarkets rebranded as Auchan stores.October 15, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Max Hypermarket India Private Limited (“Max Hypermarkets”) has rebranded its existing ‘SPAR’ stores in Bengaluru and Mangalore to ‘Auchan’.
Auchan Hypermarkets will offer a fresh visual experience and stronger value proposition to its customers. Following Auchan’s global visual merchandising approach, the Bengaluru stores will offer their customers a new look and feel, while ensuring the best in quality, value and service.
All stores of Max Hypermarkets (previously branded as ‘SPAR’) will be rebranded ‘Auchan’ across the country in two phases. The first phase of the rebranding exercise in Karnataka is timed with the onset of the Dussehra festival while the stores in the North and West will be rebranded to bring in the Diwali season.
Ramanathan Hariharan, Director, Landmark Group, commented, "Groupe Auchan’s hypermarket expertise in Europe and many other emerging countries along with Landmark Group and Max Hypermarket’s familiarity with the Indian retail market and customers, will provide an excellent platform to build the hypermarket business in India."
Commenting about the franchise partnership, Viney Singh, Managing Director, Max Hypermarket, said, “We have plans to incorporate Auchan’s international best practices across our business and into our way of working as the model evolves and as we roll out Auchan hypermarkets in India. This will enable us to give our customers the best of quality, value and service.”
Philippe Baroukh, General Manager - Hypermarkets of the Auchan Group said, "We are pleased and proud to launch our brand stores in India. Wherever they are implemented, Auchan hypermarkets aim to improve purchasing power through responsible discount policies, and to offer a large choice of products and services that are tailored to the specific needs of each market and meetthe expectations of each client. We are confident that our partnership with Max Hypermarket, which is a major player in the market, will allow us to fully meet the needs of Indian consumers and to open up new opportunities for local suppliers.”
Max Hypermarkets and Auchan plan to open 12 - 15 new stores in a year across various geographies in India.
- Solute Tradings partners with Dyson Technology
- eBay India launches campaign #SheMeansBusiness to celebrate success stories of online women entrepreneurs
- Pizza chain Sbarro to increase no of stores to 50 in 2yrs
- Mahindra forays into branded edible oils segment with ‘NuPro’
- Woodland partners with Rainforest Challenge India 2015
- DSK Motowheels records fastest sale of superbikes in India
- Adidas gifts Made in India training gear to PM Narendra Modi
- Nestle withdraws Maggi noodles in India
- Haier to invest Rs 360 cr to double manufacturing capacity
- SBI to auction retail store Loot