Metro cash & carry in Mumbai
Will cater to hotels, restaurants and kiranas.
May 20, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Metro Cash & Carry, the international leader in self-service wholesale, opens its first store in Mumbai. Located at Neptune’s Magnet Mall in Bhandup, the new outlet – Metro Cash & Carry's fourth in India – caters to hotels, restaurants and kiranas.
“We are convinced that our unique business-to-business concept will be very successful in Mumbai and well accepted by our professional customers,” said Martin Dlouhy, MD, Metro Cash & Carry India. “We see vast potential for our wholesale centres in this metropolis. We are already exploring possibilities to open more outlets to effectively meet the needs of our customers.”
The Metro Cash & Carry centre in Mumbai has a selling space of 70,000 sq.ft. Most of the work to build this outlet was carried out by local contractors, mainly using local material. Due to scarce availability of appropriate real estate, this is the first time Metro Cash & Carry India has built a multi-level wholesale centre. “To meet the special needs of our professional customers, we have to prove our flexibility and adaptability – also in terms of the location of our business,” said Dlouhy.
The product range in the Mumbai centre comprises more than 18,000 articles; 8,000 food and 10,000 non-food products. The focus on local suppliers, which is typical for Metro Cash & Carry’s business model, is also pursued in India. Around 95 percent of the goods on display in Mumbai originate from local producers and distributors.
- McDonald’s goes fashionable, launches fashion line
- Audi eyes 20K unit sales in India by 2018
- Will zero interest EMIs bring more consumers online?
- Bharti Airtel partners Amazon for cloud services
- Reliance Retail to sell REX Brand shoes
- Maharashtra Govt. allowing shops to open 365 days will benefit business and consumer equally
- Startups eyeing growing B2B e-commerce market
- LG India revenue jump 30% to Rs 24,000 cr
- Future Consumer Enterprise to raise Rs 100 crore through NCDs
- Xiaomi is India's top 4G handset vendor in Jan