Raid at Naaptol’s premises
Company allegedly tampered with price tags.June 19, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Naaptol’s warehouse at Bowenpally, Hyderabad was recently raided by the local legal metrology department and officials seized Rs 1.26 crore of goods including laptops, cameras and home appliances, amongst other items. It is alleged that the company’s warehouse management was engaged in the illegal practice of replacing the original price tags on products with their own, and also not mentioning the details of the manufacturer. The department will also serve notices to 12 suppliers of Naaptol, shortly. Earlier, Harish Ahluwali, Director and COO of Timtara.com, was arrested following consumer complaints against the website.
- GMR takes control of airport in Philippines
- Flight Centre Travel Group to open 23 Flight Shop stores
- Lafarge, Holcim notify proposed merger with European Commission
- 20 Keralites feature in '100 Indian Power List'
- Garment exports up 16 per cent in September to $1.3 billion
- GourmetItup raises USD 300,000 from angel investors
- Agra to host leather, footwear components fair from November 7
- Customs officials put on alert to check gold smuggling
- Mother Dairy launches gift packs for festive season
- Sebi approves upto Rs 1,600cr rights issue of Future Retail