Raid at Naaptol’s premises
Company allegedly tampered with price tags.June 19, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Naaptol’s warehouse at Bowenpally, Hyderabad was recently raided by the local legal metrology department and officials seized Rs 1.26 crore of goods including laptops, cameras and home appliances, amongst other items. It is alleged that the company’s warehouse management was engaged in the illegal practice of replacing the original price tags on products with their own, and also not mentioning the details of the manufacturer. The department will also serve notices to 12 suppliers of Naaptol, shortly. Earlier, Harish Ahluwali, Director and COO of Timtara.com, was arrested following consumer complaints against the website.
- India home to 100 billionaires; 6th largest population globally
- Lupin inks pact with Merck Serono to expand in emerging markets
- Apparel Export Promotion Council seeks upward revision of duty drawback
- Bicycles costing less than Rs 3500 in UP will get exemption of VAT: Akhilesh
- World Bank keen to fund 2 mega Metro projects: MMRDA
- Indian economy expected to grow at 5.6% in FY\'15: FICCI
- India may oust China as top cotton producer in 2014: Report
- Wipro partners with Adobe for digital marketing
- Spice Retail has unveiled its first \'Smartphone Spa\'
- No immediate plan to cut gold import duty: Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman