Raid at Naaptol’s premises
Company allegedly tampered with price tags.June 19, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Naaptol’s warehouse at Bowenpally, Hyderabad was recently raided by the local legal metrology department and officials seized Rs 1.26 crore of goods including laptops, cameras and home appliances, amongst other items. It is alleged that the company’s warehouse management was engaged in the illegal practice of replacing the original price tags on products with their own, and also not mentioning the details of the manufacturer. The department will also serve notices to 12 suppliers of Naaptol, shortly. Earlier, Harish Ahluwali, Director and COO of Timtara.com, was arrested following consumer complaints against the website.
- Truefitt and Hill to hit Metros and Tier-II cities with 100 outlets
- Sangeetha Mobiles to scout deep south thru 650 more stores
- Paytm & NCTI ink MoU to scale MSMEs
- Funskool to keep children engaged this summer
- Yes Bank hooks Twitter for their offline customers
- Women to play a big role in India Inc.
- Minister blacklists FabIndia Store for CCTV violation
- McDonald’s goes fashionable, launches fashion line
- Audi eyes 20K unit sales in India by 2018
- Will zero interest EMIs bring more consumers online?