How This D2C brand has been Able to Increase its Sales by 40 pc MoM in Last Two Years

The company has got 50 percent repeat customers and has products offerings cater to women of all age groups across her entire life cycle
How This D2C brand has been able to Increase its Sales by 40 pc MoM in Last Two Years

For any new business, retaining a consumer base and making consistent revenue is always a challenge. This has particularly been true in the last two years when the companies were struggling with logistics, low demand, etc. 

New Delhi-based, The Woman's Company is one such company that successfully stood out during this period. The D2C brand in the women’s hygiene category has been able to increase its sales by approximately 40 percent month on month. 

“We have also got 50 percent, repeat customers. We have grown incredibly in terms of market share and revenue across the board, including our own website and other e-commerce platforms where we are present such as Amazon, Flipkart, Nykaa, Zivame to name a few. We are just getting started,” says Anika Parashar, Founder, and CEO, The Women’s Company. 

Company's USP

Among various reasons why the brand has been successful is its unique selling points (USP) as all of the company’s products are ‘made in India’ that are also organic, bio-degradable, and environment friendly. 

Also, the company claims its products and offerings cater to women of all age groups across their entire life cycle. 

Parashar added, “We have decades of experience in the health and wellness space and have faced women's health issues ourselves. Our prior experience in women's issues and healthcare helps us to understand issues faced by women better and offer better offerings.” 

Its typical customers are in the age group of 18-45 years old across India and about 60 percent come from Tier-I cities. 

These products are available on the company’s website and on various online marketplaces. 70 percent of its revenue comes from its website and the other 30 percent collectively from multiple marketplaces. 

Moreover, the company is vocal about women’s issues on different platforms. 

“Thus, there is a significant difference between what we offer and what other market participants offer,” Parashar said. 

The founder shared the inspiration for the company came when she was looking for products for her daughter which were also comfortable and healthy. She realized there was a gap in the market for organic, biodegradable products for women that are free of harsh chemicals and are gentle on their bodies. 

And, with her experience of more than two decades in the health and wellness sector helped in building India’s first and only comprehensive holistic health chain Mamma Mia - A Mom’s World, among others, the starting of the firm was a logical step. 

Role Of Investors

The company has recently raised $1.4 million in the pre-Series-A round. It plans to infuse funding to improve its product offerings of organic, biodegradable intimate products for women catering to their health and hygiene whilst also preserving the environment, the company stated. 

“We are very proud to have secured three investors for this round who genuinely care about women-owned businesses and sustainability. They have opened doors for us in several other markets, the most notable of which is the United States, as well as with major global retailers and distributors, and thus the opportunities that we have at this early level are promising,” Parashar further stated. 

As far as logistics are concerned, the company, which now delivers pan-India, has invested in both third-party warehouse partners as well as multiple third-party delivery partners to ensure they get efficient coverage all across India. In the last couple of months, it has penetrated deeper into the Indian market in Tier II, III cities.

Future Plans
Having tasted success among the Uber consumers, the company now plans to further extend its presence in the Indian markets in Tier-I, II, III cities. Supported by its on-ground team,  the company is expanding its presence in the North American region, for which, the role of active operational investors is going to be in forging relationships and opening relevant doors. 

“We want to see The Woman’s Company being a part of every woman’s shelf, bag, or bedside table and being an integral part of their life globally. Also, our vision is to be the leading player in the women's hygiene industry with a global presence and to reach over 100 million women across the globe,” Parashar concluded. 

Publish Date
Not Sponsored
Live: People Reading Now
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
TRENDING ARTICLE