How Puma India grew online sales by 6X over one year?
Puma India had set up a multi channel both online and offline business but they were facing multiple problems especially with inventoryBY Shipra Srivastava | Apr 26, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
PUMA is one of the world’s leading sports brands, designing, developing, selling and marketing footwear, apparel and accessories. For over 65 years, PUMA has established a history of making fast product designs for the fastest athletes on the planet.
PUMA offers performance and sport-inspired lifestyle products in categories such as Football, Cricket, Running, Training & Fitness, Golf, and Motorsports. It engages in exciting collaborations with renowned design brands such as Alexander McQueen and Mihara Yasuhiro to bring innovative and fast designs to the sports world.
Puma India had set up a multi-channel (both online and offline) business but they were facing multiple problems – especially with inventory. Some of these issues are listed below.
- Stores with a high number of walk-ins often stocked out of popular products despite the fact that there was enough inventory of those products in other stores across the country or in the warehouse.
- The inventory was distributed in silos across each store, each online marketplace they were selling on and their flagship eCommerce store.
- Online sales channels had different prices for the same product and this resulted in a significant amount of customer dissatisfaction.
- The product descriptions across marketplaces were not as the brand wanted them to be.
- The combination of online sales and lower sell through rates led to a sharp decline in the numbers for the brick and mortar stores.
Ace Turtle’s proprietary platform Rubicon deployed Enabling Single View of Inventory across all channels – as Rubicon shows availability at an SKU level across locations to Get an order from any digitally enabled channel and fulfil from any stock point – warehouse, retail stores through the Single View of Inventory, PUMA was also able to leverage Inventory Management & Order Management System.
Inventory Management & Order Management System
- Single Inventory Feed: Warehouse inventory across all marketplaces - Global Inventory: The sum of the warehouse & store inventory on PUMA Mono-brand Online store - Ship from Store:
Orders from PUMA mono-brand online store were allocated to the closest store from the delivery address requested and fulfilled from the store. –
Endless Aisle: Assisted sales in the stores on PUMA mono-brand online store via tablets for stock not physically available in the store but available in India through Global Inventory.
Catalogue Management System
- Control over Pricing & Online presence – Pricing, Brand standard content and images published across all online channels using Rubicon’s catalogue management system
- Brand Licensing
WBCP's Superman soars
Warner Bros. Consumer Products has partnered with Puma to introduce a children's footwear and
Playmart gears up to sell
Good news for sports enthusiasts, Playmart India has set up an online market place playmart.in for
Future Retail to launch
Retail major, Future Retail will be introducing an online platform ‘omnichannel’ for its
How Max Fashions India
Launched in 2004, Max is known for â€˜Everyday Fashionâ€™ and its ability to offer discerning
Do consumers today prefer
In the last four years online shopping has grown by eight times taking the number to whooping 90