1 lakh Sahara retail outlets by March 2013
Sahara India is all set to open one lakh retail outlets across India for consumer merchandise.February 13, 2012 | comments ( 1 ) |
Sahara India is all set to open one lakh retail outlets across India for consumer merchandise. The expansion will take place in stages, starting from Rajasthan this March. The expansion will then move forward to Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkhand by June-July. According to Subrata Roy, Chairman of the group, the complete retail chain is likely to be operational by March, 2013.
The expansion process would see an investment of about Rs 15,000-Rs 20,000 crore which will be made for procurement of products to be sold at the outlets. The venture is expected to churn out a turnover of around Rs 6,000 crore in the first year of operations.The company also plans to manufacture tablets priced at Rs 5,000 (for 7 inches) and Rs 9,000 (for eight inches).
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019