10 new handsets from Acer, this year
Acer Smart Handheld Business Group, the mobile devices unit of the Taiwan-based PC maker, plans to launch 10 new models this year
February 03, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Acer Smart Handheld Business Group, the mobile devices unit of the Taiwan-based PC maker, plans to launch 10 new models this year as it eyes to enter the top-5 league in the smartphone segment over the next three years. “Last year, we launched about 10 handsets and this year too, we expect to launch about 10 new smart-phones. Our vision is to be among the top-5 players in the segment within the next three years,” said Richard Tan, Country Head (India) at Acer Smart Handheld Business Group (SHBG).
The handsets will be priced below Rs 15,000. The company offers handsets in the range of Rs 10,000-30,000 catering to many segments."
The company also launched its new 'Liquid' series handset, based on Qualcomm's Snapdragon processor and Android platform, priced at Rs 24,900. Acer Liquid has a high definition touch screen (Wide VGA), and the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, which would help in quick access to web pages, smooth streaming of videos, music etc.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years