10 new handsets from Acer, this year
Acer Smart Handheld Business Group, the mobile devices unit of the Taiwan-based PC maker, plans to launch 10 new models this year
February 03, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Acer Smart Handheld Business Group, the mobile devices unit of the Taiwan-based PC maker, plans to launch 10 new models this year as it eyes to enter the top-5 league in the smartphone segment over the next three years. “Last year, we launched about 10 handsets and this year too, we expect to launch about 10 new smart-phones. Our vision is to be among the top-5 players in the segment within the next three years,” said Richard Tan, Country Head (India) at Acer Smart Handheld Business Group (SHBG).
The handsets will be priced below Rs 15,000. The company offers handsets in the range of Rs 10,000-30,000 catering to many segments."
The company also launched its new 'Liquid' series handset, based on Qualcomm's Snapdragon processor and Android platform, priced at Rs 24,900. Acer Liquid has a high definition touch screen (Wide VGA), and the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, which would help in quick access to web pages, smooth streaming of videos, music etc.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore