20 new sites signed up to open stores from next year by Walmart India
“As we speak, we have signed nearly 20 sites as well and we are well on our way to be on meeting the commitment and targets which we have,” Krish Iyer, President and CEO, Walmart IndiaDecember 05, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Walmart India has signed 20 new sites and will start new stores from the next year. Walmart which runs 21 Best Price wholesale stores in nine states, has already started work in some of the new projects. President and CEO, Walmart India, Krish Iyer recently said “As we speak, we have signed nearly 20 sites as well and we are well on our way to be on meeting the commitment and targets which we have,”
He added mentioning about the timeframe to start new sites as, “We have some ground breaking and we would start seeing new stores from the next year.” Walmart has plans to add 50 new stores by 2022 to take the total store count to 70.
A company official said “Out of these 50 stores, 5-7 new stores will become operational next year.” Walmart India is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Walmart Stores Inc and offering close to 5,000 items through its cash and carry wholesale format.
- Walmart India, Flipkart top executives meet CCI
- GSK exploring merger, may sell Indian entity entirely
- Kroger buys Chicago-based Home Chef for $200 mn
- DHL launches DHL SmarTrucking across India
- Amazon in talks to buy 10% stake in Future Retail
- SoftBank confirms it's selling 22% in Flipkart to Walmart
- Report says retail sector has attracted Rs 5,500 cr PE since 2015
- Kedaara, Partners to buy Vishal Mega Mart from TPG, Shriram Group
- Paytm acquires e-ticketing startup TicketNew
- Online Grocery Startup Milkbasket Raise $7 Mn Series A Round