25-30 Big Bazaar outlets by June 2012
The company is also looking at increasing its stake in ACK Media
July 08, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Kishore Biyani-promoted Future Group, which runs India's largest retail chain in both value and lifestyle formats, on Thursday said it plans to open 25-30 Big Bazaar outlets by June 2012, and will invest Rs 300-crore for the same.
"We are planning to add 25-30 stores on the Big Bazaar front. Our target for this year is 30 stores for Fashion at Big Bazaar and we already have 13 stores. So we should be able to achieve our target," Future Value Retail Joint CEO (East & South) Sadashiv Nayak said.
The Future group currently owns 152 Big Bazaar stores in the country.
Meanwhile, Future Ideas Director Ashni Biyani said the group would be increasing its stake in ACK Media but did not specify the stake. Future Ventures has a 13.7 per cent stake in ACK Media and, according to media reports, is planning to increase it to 40 per cent.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021