25-30 Big Bazaar outlets by June 2012
The company is also looking at increasing its stake in ACK Media
July 08, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Kishore Biyani-promoted Future Group, which runs India's largest retail chain in both value and lifestyle formats, on Thursday said it plans to open 25-30 Big Bazaar outlets by June 2012, and will invest Rs 300-crore for the same.
"We are planning to add 25-30 stores on the Big Bazaar front. Our target for this year is 30 stores for Fashion at Big Bazaar and we already have 13 stores. So we should be able to achieve our target," Future Value Retail Joint CEO (East & South) Sadashiv Nayak said.
The Future group currently owns 152 Big Bazaar stores in the country.
Meanwhile, Future Ideas Director Ashni Biyani said the group would be increasing its stake in ACK Media but did not specify the stake. Future Ventures has a 13.7 per cent stake in ACK Media and, according to media reports, is planning to increase it to 40 per cent.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2