350 H&B stores from Dabur within 3 years
Dabur India`s health and beauty retail arm, H&B Stores Ltd., is going to open around 350 stores in the next three years with an investment of over Rs.140 crore.
May 01, 2008 | comments ( 1 ) |
Dabur India`s health and beauty retail arm, H&B Stores Ltd., is going to open around 350 stores in the next three years with an investment of over Rs.140 crore. "Overall investment in opening of stores will be around Rs.140 core and we have plans to take number of stores in the country to 350 in the next three years," informs Peter Baker, CEO, Dabur H&B Stores Ltd. Half of these outlets will be set up in the shopping malls with an investment of around Rs.40-100 lakh each. The outlets will be company-run and, as of now, Dabur has no plan to franchise. Pallav Johri, Head - Marketing and Sales, tells that the company plans to expand its retail footprint in Delhi, NCRs, Punjab, Bangalore and Hyderabad. The preferred location would be high streets and malls with a carpet area of 1000 to 1500 sq ft, which can also go up to 3000 – 4000 sq ft depending on the success of the format. The USP of the stores will be its unique interiors which have been designed by an UK based company. The interiors offer a unique combination of lights and colours that gives an exclusive feel inside the store. The company believes that the Indian consumers are going to have this kind of shopping experience for first time in India.
- Notices sent to HUL, P&G, LG: Taxman disallows AMP deductions sought by MNCs
- Ola's former COO Vishal Kaul to join back PepsiCo
- RIL ties up with PROLINE to co-brand sports apparels
- IKEA selects UrbanClap as its furniture assembly partner in India
- Walmart India, Flipkart top executives meet CCI
- Kroger buys Chicago-based Home Chef for $200 mn
- DHL launches DHL SmarTrucking across India
- Amazon in talks to buy 10% stake in Future Retail
- SoftBank confirms it's selling 22% in Flipkart to Walmart
- Report says retail sector has attracted Rs 5,500 cr PE since 2015