4 Intl labels get FIPB approval
Le Creuset, Decathlon, Fossil and Promod get the nod.February 14, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
The FIPB has cleared the proposals of four overseas retailers to set up operations in the country. French cookware maker Le Creuset, sportswear company Decathlon, jewellery and watch maker Fossil Inc. and Promod (To set up Joint venture) are the ones to have recieved a go ahead. Decathlon proposed to invest Rs 7 billion, Fossil - Rs 42 million rupees and Promod - Rs 300 million.
The Cabinet had in September last year decided to operationalise 51 per cent Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021