4 Intl labels get FIPB approval
Le Creuset, Decathlon, Fossil and Promod get the nod.February 14, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
The FIPB has cleared the proposals of four overseas retailers to set up operations in the country. French cookware maker Le Creuset, sportswear company Decathlon, jewellery and watch maker Fossil Inc. and Promod (To set up Joint venture) are the ones to have recieved a go ahead. Decathlon proposed to invest Rs 7 billion, Fossil - Rs 42 million rupees and Promod - Rs 300 million.
The Cabinet had in September last year decided to operationalise 51 per cent Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail.
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint
- Tribhovan das BhimjiZaveri launches first store in Punjab
- ABFRL reports Q2 net profit of Rs 43 crore
- Arvind Q2 profit rises 16% to Rs 75 crore