4 new brands by Gitanjali
Targets mid and high end audience with new brands.August 21, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The diamond jewellery maker and retailer, Gitanjali Group has launched four new brands namely Envi, Moira, True Platinum and Karina. Launched in the price band of Rs 20,000 and Rs 50,000 a piece, the brands are targeted at mid and high-end consumers in India. Made out of precious metals and coloured gemstones including rubies and emeralds, these brands will be officially showcased at the India International Jewellery Show (IIJS) beginning August 23.
The four brands unveiled are targeted at jewellery needs of different segments of society. While Envi is a range of emerald jewellery targeted at high end consumers, Moira, targeting the modern fashionista, offers lustrous freshwater pearls amalgamated with diamonds.
Karina, a brand priced at Rs 50,000 and above, is a mix of precious rubies and exquisite diamonds. The collection also includes enticing emerald and diamond jewellery.
In the end, True Platinum includes work wear, love bands, wedding collection, platinum bars and coins; and available between Rs 25,000 – Rs 3,00,000 a piece.
Each of the new offerings is targeted at a niche consumer segment that has not been addressed till now and will be of immense benefit to partnering retailers in meeting the emerging demands of consumers in their regions.
According to Mehul Choksi, Managing Director, Gitanjali Group, the branded jewellery business in India is enjoying a compounding growth due to a shift from the unorganised sector. With multiple brands and the launch of promising collections, we would address diverse consumer needs. The upcoming season starting with IIJS extending up to Diwali in India followed by Christmas and Valentines in international markets towards the end of the year, are expected to drive the growth for the group.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021