500 Tommy Hilfiger accessories stores
Murjani Group, is planning to set up 500 Tommy Hilfiger accessories stores
July 01, 2010 | comments ( 2 ) |
Murjani Group, is planning to set up 500 Tommy Hilfiger accessories stores in the coming five years. This marketing strategy is taken forward, looking at the rising trend of income group in the country, which would allow them to spend on accessories like watches, clothes and belts.
The first store was inaugurated in 2004, and looking at the success of its stores, the company is planning to double the places it sells the brand’s apparel to 2,000 in five years. Murjani sells Hilfiger in 98 cities in India through about 1,000 stores. The accessories stores will sell watches, belts, wallets and stationery.
Murjani as a group owns the right to sell the big brands like Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and French Connection in India. The group also owns a luxury mall in Mumbai.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India