51st McDonald's in south India
Plans to invest Rs 500 crore over the next 3 years.February 24, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
McDonald’s India has opened its 51st restaurant in the south and its 34th restaurant in Bangalore.
Owned by Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt Ltd in west and south India, McDonald’s has plans to invest Rs 500 crore over the next three years, with almost 50 per cent of the expansion to take place in south India.
Amit Jatia, Vice-Chairman, McDonald's India (West & South), said, “McDonald’s is committed to grow in India, particularly in the south.” He also said that the restaurant chain is on the lookout for opportunities to develop the brand to suit Indian preferences and seek out newer markets in the region by connecting with consumers in a better manner and developing new products.
McDonald's has 250 restaurants in the country and 33,000 across the globe. The restaurant chain serves approximately 67.8 million customers in 118 countries each day.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn