51st McDonald's in south India
Plans to invest Rs 500 crore over the next 3 years.February 24, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
McDonald’s India has opened its 51st restaurant in the south and its 34th restaurant in Bangalore.
Owned by Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt Ltd in west and south India, McDonald’s has plans to invest Rs 500 crore over the next three years, with almost 50 per cent of the expansion to take place in south India.
Amit Jatia, Vice-Chairman, McDonald's India (West & South), said, “McDonald’s is committed to grow in India, particularly in the south.” He also said that the restaurant chain is on the lookout for opportunities to develop the brand to suit Indian preferences and seek out newer markets in the region by connecting with consumers in a better manner and developing new products.
McDonald's has 250 restaurants in the country and 33,000 across the globe. The restaurant chain serves approximately 67.8 million customers in 118 countries each day.
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear