6th Central opens in Mumbai: 12 to be opened this year
Future Retail adds another feather to its cap with the opening of Central at Oberoi Mall, Goregaon (East) in Mumbai.
May 14, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Future Retail adds another feather to its cap with the opening of Central at Oberoi Mall, Goregaon (East) in Mumbai. Mumbai is the sixth destination after Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Gurgaon and Vadodara. This mall format store is soon to be launched in the tier II and tier III cities like Ahmedabad, Nashik, and Vashi. The number of this store will go up to 12 this year. `Central` stores are housed in big-format mall complexes that occupy around a lakh (0.1 million) of square feet area set up at an average cost of about Rs 2,500 per square feet. ‘Central` offers a vast retail mix of 500 national and international brands across categories including apparels, cosmetics, fragrances, eyewear, watches, accessories, sportswear, toys, mobiles and much more for the entire family. Food Bazaar is another attraction for Central that stocks grocery, home and personal care products and all kinds of kitchenware at reasonable prices. The store stocks exclusive international brands such as Gant, Play life, Lacoste, Replay, Springfield, Esprit, FCUK, Tommy Hilfiger and lots more. Central `Food Talk`, another attraction of this retail format, offers lip smacking delicacies from various continents. The core theme of ‘Central` is to shop, eat and celebrate. ‘Central` is going to offer some unique value-added services like Radio Central, where popular music is being played by the DJ on request; Gift Central offering attractive gift wrappers; and Wi-Fi Central and Flower Central. The new `Central` mall complexes, according to company officials, would also house multiplex theatre facilities from Inox or PVR groups. Future Group is upbeat about this new project as revealed from the comment of Rakesh Biyani, Chief Executive Officer (Retail) of Future Group: "We expect to touch Rs.1400-crore revenues by June 2009. This format has worked extremely well for us."
- GST refund adversely effects Small biz exports
- Amway may bring its herbal range to overseas market
- Haier Introduces Luxurious Glass Finish Side by Side Refrigerator in India
- Walmart India Activates UPI on its B2B e-commerce Platform
- Army Canteen stores record profit
- Paytm Mall Targets $10 Bn in Annualized Gross Sales by March 2019
- Future Consumer Limited signs a strategic partnership with MaxWholesale
- Tablez brings Chinese lifestyle brand YOYOSO in India
- ShopClues raises US $16 million
- Kishore Biyani led Future Retail may get foreign investor