A national mission for food processing
Assochamís third International Summit cum Exhibition on food processing, agri-business and dairy sector was held in New Delhi on September 14, 2011.
September 15, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Assocham’s third International Summit cum Exhibition on food processing, agri-business and dairy sector was held in New Delhi on September 14, 2011. In an endeavour to boost its share in the agri-business sector, the government plans to launch a national project for the food processing industries (FPI) during the 12th Five-Year Plan period (2012-17). It was also discussed that the public-private partnership (PPP) is the key to the 12th Five Year Plan objectives for FPI.
The Indian food industry is currently estimated at Rs 8.8 lakh crore and the food processing sector contributes Rs 4.84 lakh crore to it. Industry's contribution is 6.3 per cent towards GDP and 13 per cent to exports, an Assocham study said.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG