A national mission for food processing
Assochamís third International Summit cum Exhibition on food processing, agri-business and dairy sector was held in New Delhi on September 14, 2011.
September 15, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Assocham’s third International Summit cum Exhibition on food processing, agri-business and dairy sector was held in New Delhi on September 14, 2011. In an endeavour to boost its share in the agri-business sector, the government plans to launch a national project for the food processing industries (FPI) during the 12th Five-Year Plan period (2012-17). It was also discussed that the public-private partnership (PPP) is the key to the 12th Five Year Plan objectives for FPI.
The Indian food industry is currently estimated at Rs 8.8 lakh crore and the food processing sector contributes Rs 4.84 lakh crore to it. Industry's contribution is 6.3 per cent towards GDP and 13 per cent to exports, an Assocham study said.
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear