A ton more for Univercell
To open 100 outlets this fiscal.
Tags: UnivercellJuly 03, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Univercell Telecommunications is planning to augment its presence by adding 100 outlets this year. Each store will call for an investment of Rs 25 lakh with focus centered in the southern part of the country where it is looking at consolidating its position. The store size will vary from a carpet area of 600-1,000 sq. ft.
Commenting on their plans, D Sathish Babu, founder of Univercell says, “We are looking at increasing the number of stores to more than 500 in 2012. The expansion would be funded through internal accruals.”
It is also looking at an initial public offering (IPO) to raise funds. “We would be looking at an IPO, may be after a year or so. That was our plan for quite some time and we are planning to do it once we achieve a considerable business,” Babu said.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021