A ton more for Univercell
To open 100 outlets this fiscal.
Tags: UnivercellJuly 03, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Univercell Telecommunications is planning to augment its presence by adding 100 outlets this year. Each store will call for an investment of Rs 25 lakh with focus centered in the southern part of the country where it is looking at consolidating its position. The store size will vary from a carpet area of 600-1,000 sq. ft.
Commenting on their plans, D Sathish Babu, founder of Univercell says, “We are looking at increasing the number of stores to more than 500 in 2012. The expansion would be funded through internal accruals.”
It is also looking at an initial public offering (IPO) to raise funds. “We would be looking at an IPO, may be after a year or so. That was our plan for quite some time and we are planning to do it once we achieve a considerable business,” Babu said.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2