ABRL launches ‘More Megastore’ in Hyderabad
Aditya Birla Retail Limited (ABRL) has launched a hypermarket store
July 16, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Aditya Birla Retail Limited (ABRL) has launched a hypermarket store in Hyderabad. Under the name ‘More Megastore’, it is spread over the area approx 53,000 sq. ft at Saroor Nagar. This is the first time that ABRL has opened its store in the city and eight in the city.
The new More Megastore claims to provide wide array of international brands with 25,000 products to serve various shopping needs of a modern Indian family. The store offers a wide array of products in different categories including fresh fruits and vegetables, personal care, young fashion, luggage, steel utensils, home care, toys, consumer durables, apparels and footwear.
The hypermarket also has a live bakery and a separate non-vegetarian section.
The launch comes as part of the retailer's plan to add 0.55 million sq.ft of additional retail space by the end of this fiscal. ABRL already occupies 1.7 million sq.ft of retail space including 0.5 million sq.ft hypermarket area.
The company is planning to expand its foray of six hypermarket stores in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and a few tier II cities by the end of this fiscal.
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear