ABRL launches ‘More Megastore’ in Hyderabad
Aditya Birla Retail Limited (ABRL) has launched a hypermarket store
July 16, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Aditya Birla Retail Limited (ABRL) has launched a hypermarket store in Hyderabad. Under the name ‘More Megastore’, it is spread over the area approx 53,000 sq. ft at Saroor Nagar. This is the first time that ABRL has opened its store in the city and eight in the city.
The new More Megastore claims to provide wide array of international brands with 25,000 products to serve various shopping needs of a modern Indian family. The store offers a wide array of products in different categories including fresh fruits and vegetables, personal care, young fashion, luggage, steel utensils, home care, toys, consumer durables, apparels and footwear.
The hypermarket also has a live bakery and a separate non-vegetarian section.
The launch comes as part of the retailer's plan to add 0.55 million sq.ft of additional retail space by the end of this fiscal. ABRL already occupies 1.7 million sq.ft of retail space including 0.5 million sq.ft hypermarket area.
The company is planning to expand its foray of six hypermarket stores in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and a few tier II cities by the end of this fiscal.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand ShazĂ© plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore