'Aadhaar Wholesale' from Future Group
Future Group has announced its foray into rural wholesale business with opening its first ‘Aadhaar Wholesale’ store in Gujarat.
October 18, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Future Group has announced its foray into rural wholesale business with opening its first ‘Aadhaar Wholesale’ store in Gujarat. It has set up its first store at Kalol in Gujarat through Aadhaar Retailing Ltd, a unit of its venture arm Future Ventures, and plans to set up another store in Punjab. "Aadhaar Wholesale is our first step towards the rural distribution model, offering small general traders everything they need to run their business under one roof and enabling them to participate in modern distribution infrastructure to grow their business,” says Kishore Biyani, CEO, Future Group.
The company plans to tap local traders and small businesses through their wholesale ventures. Apart from catering to the general trade, each Aadhaar Wholesale store will also be a single point sourcing hub for the ‘Aadhaar Retail’ franchisees in the rural area. Over 400-500 Aadhaar Retail franchisees will be attached to a single Aadhaar Wholesale stores for fulfilment of its merchandise mix. The company plans to open 65 stores across the country and expecting a business of Rs 4,000 crore through this venture. At present, the Future group runs 60 Aadhaar retail stores in rural areas in partnership with the Godrej group.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn