Aadhaar plans expansion with 200 stores
Aadhaar, the rural market-focussed 70:30 joint venture (JV) between the Future Group's Future Ventures India and Godrej Agrovet, has opened around 70 outlets across the country.
September 23, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Aadhaar, the rural market-focussed 70:30 joint venture (JV) between the Future Group's Future Ventures India and Godrej Agrovet, has opened around 70 outlets across the country. Aadhaar, a modern retail chain operating in semi-urban and rural markets, has mapped out an expansion plan of around 200 stores to be achieved over a period of time. The retail chain targets to leverage Godrej's brand franchise with consumers in these markets with the help of Future's expertise in the retail business. The group has reconfigured the format to meet consumer needs and has also changed the look and feel of the store. In the restructured format, the stores now sport the strengths of the JV's promoters by way of `The World of Godrej' section and `Big Bazaar Best Deals'. Plans are underway to restructure the store size from the range of 500 sq. ft to 2,000 sq. ft to a standard 3,000 to 5,000 sq. ft format.
- India hikes import duty on 29 products
- McDonald's has replaced plastic with biodegradable alternatives
- Geo-tags, local language shopping- Amazon all set to enhance customer experience
- DLF ties up with Uber once again for a superlative shopping experience
- UP Cabinet clears Patanjali's Rs 6,000-crore food park
- RapidRetail's new store in Ujjain aims to strengthens Patanjali’s brand connect
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd Brings American Eagle Outfitters to India
- Reliance Brands in talks to buy Genesis Luxury
- Gini & Jony partners with NucleusVision
- Report says online platforms capture 38% smartphone sales in India