Aadhaar plans expansion with 200 stores
Aadhaar, the rural market-focussed 70:30 joint venture (JV) between the Future Group's Future Ventures India and Godrej Agrovet, has opened around 70 outlets across the country.
September 23, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Aadhaar, the rural market-focussed 70:30 joint venture (JV) between the Future Group's Future Ventures India and Godrej Agrovet, has opened around 70 outlets across the country. Aadhaar, a modern retail chain operating in semi-urban and rural markets, has mapped out an expansion plan of around 200 stores to be achieved over a period of time. The retail chain targets to leverage Godrej's brand franchise with consumers in these markets with the help of Future's expertise in the retail business. The group has reconfigured the format to meet consumer needs and has also changed the look and feel of the store. In the restructured format, the stores now sport the strengths of the JV's promoters by way of `The World of Godrej' section and `Big Bazaar Best Deals'. Plans are underway to restructure the store size from the range of 500 sq. ft to 2,000 sq. ft to a standard 3,000 to 5,000 sq. ft format.
- GST refund adversely effects Small biz exports
- Amway may bring its herbal range to overseas market
- Haier Introduces Luxurious Glass Finish Side by Side Refrigerator in India
- Walmart India Activates UPI on its B2B e-commerce Platform
- Army Canteen stores record profit
- Paytm Mall Targets $10 Bn in Annualized Gross Sales by March 2019
- Future Consumer Limited signs a strategic partnership with MaxWholesale
- Tablez brings Chinese lifestyle brand YOYOSO in India
- ShopClues raises US $16 million
- Kishore Biyani led Future Retail may get foreign investor