Aadhaar plans expansion with 200 stores
Aadhaar, the rural market-focussed 70:30 joint venture (JV) between the Future Group's Future Ventures India and Godrej Agrovet, has opened around 70 outlets across the country.
September 23, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Aadhaar, the rural market-focussed 70:30 joint venture (JV) between the Future Group's Future Ventures India and Godrej Agrovet, has opened around 70 outlets across the country. Aadhaar, a modern retail chain operating in semi-urban and rural markets, has mapped out an expansion plan of around 200 stores to be achieved over a period of time. The retail chain targets to leverage Godrej's brand franchise with consumers in these markets with the help of Future's expertise in the retail business. The group has reconfigured the format to meet consumer needs and has also changed the look and feel of the store. In the restructured format, the stores now sport the strengths of the JV's promoters by way of `The World of Godrej' section and `Big Bazaar Best Deals'. Plans are underway to restructure the store size from the range of 500 sq. ft to 2,000 sq. ft to a standard 3,000 to 5,000 sq. ft format.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021