Abhijit Roy climbs the ladder at Berger
Moves up from the position of COO to MD.July 05, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Abhijit Roy has assumed the position of Managing Director at Berger Paints India Limited with effect from July 1, 2012 following the retirement of Subir Bose.
As company’s COO, Abhijit Roy has played a very crucial role in fuelling Berger Paints’ success in reaching Rs 3000 crore milestone. He held the position of COO and Director since 2011.
In 2007, he was promoted as VP Sales and Marketing, handling sales, marketing, logistics and consumer services of the Decorative Business which contributed to about 80 per cent of the company’s turnover of Rs 3000 crore. He was also in charge of the company’s overseas operations in Nepal and Russia.
He launched the consumer services function including Home Painting during this period. He also worked with Shining Strategies for Corporate Brand Restructuring of Lewis Berger (from Berger Paints to Lewis Berger). It was during his time that two flagship Brands of the Company namely WeatherCoat and Rangoli Easy Clean were launched.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021