Abhijit Roy climbs the ladder at Berger
Moves up from the position of COO to MD.July 05, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Abhijit Roy has assumed the position of Managing Director at Berger Paints India Limited with effect from July 1, 2012 following the retirement of Subir Bose.
As company’s COO, Abhijit Roy has played a very crucial role in fuelling Berger Paints’ success in reaching Rs 3000 crore milestone. He held the position of COO and Director since 2011.
In 2007, he was promoted as VP Sales and Marketing, handling sales, marketing, logistics and consumer services of the Decorative Business which contributed to about 80 per cent of the company’s turnover of Rs 3000 crore. He was also in charge of the company’s overseas operations in Nepal and Russia.
He launched the consumer services function including Home Painting during this period. He also worked with Shining Strategies for Corporate Brand Restructuring of Lewis Berger (from Berger Paints to Lewis Berger). It was during his time that two flagship Brands of the Company namely WeatherCoat and Rangoli Easy Clean were launched.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category