Accenture to provide IT solutions to Bharti Retail
Accenture said it will implement SAP solutions for Bharti Retail to enable the firm to more efficiently plan, monitor and track flow of merchandise.September 02, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
NEW DELHI: IT firm Accenture today said it will implement SAP solutions for Bharti Retail to enable the firm to more efficiently plan, monitor and track flow of merchandise and information throughout its supply chain. No financial details were disclosed.
Bharti Retail currently operates 212 stores and compact hypermarket formats across 11 Indian states.
By rolling out SAP ERP application and data management software, along with solutions for merchandising, forecasting, promotion management and fulfilment, Bharti Retail will be able to better react to shifting retail trends, Accenture said in a statement.
"The retail industry today is facing challenges of poor consumer sentiments, supply chain inefficiencies and rising costs. Accenture will help us strengthen efficiency of our business operations and support our efforts to rapidly scale up our business," Bharti Retail MD and CEO Raj Jain said.
Accenture will also implement advanced analytics, planning and financial solutions from SAP to help improve speed of reporting across the organisation.
"Using advanced analytics and implementing a central planning platform will provide Bharti Retail the insights, flexibility and transparency it needs in its IT operations and supply chain, thereby helping the company to streamline its operations expenditure and improve its profitability," Accenture India CMD Avinash Vashistha said.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn