Aditya Birla Retail Ltd plans to open three Hypermarkets
Aditya Birla Retail Ltd, a unit of the diversified Aditya Birla group, plans to add three hypermarkets to its current tally of five by March next year.
September 25, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Aditya Birla Retail Ltd, a unit of the diversified Aditya Birla group, plans to add three hypermarkets to its current tally of five by March next year. The company also intends to open a dozen new hypermarkets every year from the financial year that begins April 1, 2010. The company had initially been conservative in opening new outlets because of high rentals. However, a fall in rentals by as much as 50 per cent to 60 per cent from the peaks seen in 2007 and the first few months of 2008 encouraged the retail chain's rollout plans. Aditya Birla Retail, which commenced operations in April 2007, also runs 642 smaller-sized supermarket stores.
- UP Cabinet clears Patanjali's Rs 6,000-crore food park
- RapidRetail's new store in Ujjain aims to strengthens Patanjali’s brand connect
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd Brings American Eagle Outfitters to India
- Reliance Brands in talks to buy Genesis Luxury
- Gini & Jony partners with NucleusVision
- Report says online platforms capture 38% smartphone sales in India
- Samsung eyes 10% more of Indian TV market
- Snapdeal's Jason Kothari quits to join Infibeam
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal asks ministry to relax restrictions over Amazon's food plans
- Furniture retailer Stanley Lifestyles partners with Conde House