Aditya Birla Retail Ltd plans to open three Hypermarkets
Aditya Birla Retail Ltd, a unit of the diversified Aditya Birla group, plans to add three hypermarkets to its current tally of five by March next year.
September 25, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Aditya Birla Retail Ltd, a unit of the diversified Aditya Birla group, plans to add three hypermarkets to its current tally of five by March next year. The company also intends to open a dozen new hypermarkets every year from the financial year that begins April 1, 2010. The company had initially been conservative in opening new outlets because of high rentals. However, a fall in rentals by as much as 50 per cent to 60 per cent from the peaks seen in 2007 and the first few months of 2008 encouraged the retail chain's rollout plans. Aditya Birla Retail, which commenced operations in April 2007, also runs 642 smaller-sized supermarket stores.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG