Aditya Birla Retail Ltd plans to open three Hypermarkets
Aditya Birla Retail Ltd, a unit of the diversified Aditya Birla group, plans to add three hypermarkets to its current tally of five by March next year.
September 25, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Aditya Birla Retail Ltd, a unit of the diversified Aditya Birla group, plans to add three hypermarkets to its current tally of five by March next year. The company also intends to open a dozen new hypermarkets every year from the financial year that begins April 1, 2010. The company had initially been conservative in opening new outlets because of high rentals. However, a fall in rentals by as much as 50 per cent to 60 per cent from the peaks seen in 2007 and the first few months of 2008 encouraged the retail chain's rollout plans. Aditya Birla Retail, which commenced operations in April 2007, also runs 642 smaller-sized supermarket stores.
- Apple may open franchise stores in India
- PC Jeweller reduce bank liabilities by 10% in Q1 FY19
- Traders to shut shops on Sep 28 against Walmart-Flipkart deal
- Flipkart blacklists several sellers selling sub standard bedsheets
- Paytm launches its own AI cloud for India
- Amazon may pick up stake in hypermarket chain More
- Mitashi mulling doubling sales to Rs 1,000 crore in 3 yrs
- Lifestyle plans to open 20 new outlets
- GST refund adversely effects Small biz exports
- Amway may bring its herbal range to overseas market