Aditya Birla Retail Ltd plans to open three Hypermarkets
Aditya Birla Retail Ltd, a unit of the diversified Aditya Birla group, plans to add three hypermarkets to its current tally of five by March next year.
September 25, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Aditya Birla Retail Ltd, a unit of the diversified Aditya Birla group, plans to add three hypermarkets to its current tally of five by March next year. The company also intends to open a dozen new hypermarkets every year from the financial year that begins April 1, 2010. The company had initially been conservative in opening new outlets because of high rentals. However, a fall in rentals by as much as 50 per cent to 60 per cent from the peaks seen in 2007 and the first few months of 2008 encouraged the retail chain's rollout plans. Aditya Birla Retail, which commenced operations in April 2007, also runs 642 smaller-sized supermarket stores.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore