Aditya Birla Retail Ltd plans to open three Hypermarkets
Aditya Birla Retail Ltd, a unit of the diversified Aditya Birla group, plans to add three hypermarkets to its current tally of five by March next year.
September 25, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Aditya Birla Retail Ltd, a unit of the diversified Aditya Birla group, plans to add three hypermarkets to its current tally of five by March next year. The company also intends to open a dozen new hypermarkets every year from the financial year that begins April 1, 2010. The company had initially been conservative in opening new outlets because of high rentals. However, a fall in rentals by as much as 50 per cent to 60 per cent from the peaks seen in 2007 and the first few months of 2008 encouraged the retail chain's rollout plans. Aditya Birla Retail, which commenced operations in April 2007, also runs 642 smaller-sized supermarket stores.
- Bonn Group aims Rs 1,000 cr turnover over next three years
- BigBasket acquires majority stake in three startup ventures
- Faasos plans to raise funds for overseas expansion
- Sachin Tendulkar backed Universal Sportsbiz raises Rs 100 crore
- Liberty Lifestyle to target millennials for luxury perfume range
- Nestle eyes 3 per cent sales growth
- Gunjan Soni and Ananya Tripathi to exit Jabong-Myntra by December
- Foodpanda acquires Holachef
- Amazon eyes 7-8 percent stake in Future Retail
- DailyNinja acquires WakeupBasket