Aditya Birla Retail plans to expand
Aditya Birla Retail plans to invest Rs 1,800 crore over the next eight years to scale up its 'More' hypermarkets across the country. It intends to open one store per month at an investment of around R
March 08, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
Aditya Birla Retail plans to invest Rs 1,800 crore over the next eight years to scale up its 'More' hypermarkets across the country. It intends to open one store per month at an investment of around Rs 20 crore, said Thomas Verghese, CEO of the company, on Wednesday at the launch of a hypermarket at Thane.
Aditya Birla Retail, which has 632 supermarkets and six hypermarkets, plans to increase the number of `More Hyper’ stores to 100, while shutting down some loss-making super markets. "We are focusing on our hypermarket format where we can introduce more stock keeping units (SKUs) to churn out more profits from large shop formats," Mr Verghese added.
Currently, ‘More’ has 13 in-house (private labels) power brands in various categories with 320 SKUs in the FMCG segment.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India