Aditya Birla Retail to open 3 hypermarkets
Aditya Birla Retail Ltd, retail arm of Adiya Birla Group, has announced its expansion plans to open three hypermarkets in Delhi by next March. The company will launch its first hypermarket at Rohini i
May 18, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
Aditya Birla Retail Ltd, retail arm of Adiya Birla Group, has announced its expansion plans to open three hypermarkets in Delhi by next March. The company will launch its first hypermarket at Rohini in Delhi on the 25th of this month.
Thomas Varghese, chief executive officer of Aditya Birla Retail Ltd, said that it will be a whole new experience for the Delhi crowd, as the company plans to offer varied choice of products, which will be competitively priced.
Each hypermarket will be of 50,000-70,000 sq ft and require an investment of Rs 16 crore. Moreover, ABRL plans to launch 100 supermarkets (of 2,400 sq ft each) by next March, mostly in Tier-II and Tier-III cities, at an investment of Rs 40 crore.
Varghese added that the company sees huge potential for modern retail in Tier-II and Tier-III cities.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn