After electronics, Flipkart eyes fashion
May acquire fashion portals Yepme and ZoviJanuary 09, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Flipkart has launched its own fashion brand and could also acquire another online apparel company as it seeks to increase the sales of high-margin products on its portal.
Among the companies most likely to be under consideration are two fashion portals, Zovi and YepMe that sell exclusively on the web, reported The Economic Times. If successful, this acquisition will be the second in two years for the online retailer which bought electronics portal Letsbuy in 2012.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India