After electronics, Flipkart eyes fashion
May acquire fashion portals Yepme and ZoviJanuary 09, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Flipkart has launched its own fashion brand and could also acquire another online apparel company as it seeks to increase the sales of high-margin products on its portal.
Among the companies most likely to be under consideration are two fashion portals, Zovi and YepMe that sell exclusively on the web, reported The Economic Times. If successful, this acquisition will be the second in two years for the online retailer which bought electronics portal Letsbuy in 2012.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021