After the buyout, Tata Group`s Trent plans a major expansion for Landmark
Trent of Tata group has made the 100% acquisition of book retail chain, Landmark. Trent is now looking forward to expansion plan by investing Rs.30 crore a year to add five to six outlets.
May 07, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Trent of Tata group has made the 100% acquisition of book retail chain, Landmark. Trent is now looking forward to expansion plan by investing Rs.30 crore a year to add five to six outlets. "In 2005, Trent acquired a majority 76% stake in Landmark bookstore. Trent has now acquired the remaining 24% stake of Landmark book store that was held by its co-founder Hemu Ramiah. As of now, Landmark has 10 stores across cities such as Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Vadodara, Gurgaon, Pune and Lucknow. Now, Trent plans to expand its store at the rate of six stores per year. Spread over a carpet area of 1500 to 4500 sq ft, these stores provide a wonderful shopping experience for the English-speaking middle class Indian who can sit and browse through the books as long as they want. Presently, all the stores would be company-owned. The preferred location for these stores would be malls and stand-alone stores on high street", informs Himanshu Chakrawarti, present COO of Landmark, on a telephonic interview.
- Amazon may open more than 3,000 cashierless stores by 2021
- Siyaram’s launches superstar Ranveer Singh as their New Brand Ambassador
- Samara-Amazon acquires Kumar Mangalam Birla's More retail chain
- Walmart hires expats for senior roles in Flipkart
- Aditya Birla Fashion forays into women's innerwear and athleisure category
- Amazon Pay launches card-less AMAZON PAY EMI solution
- IKEA targets home delivery by electric vehicle in five major cities by 2020
- M&S opens first store in Odisha
- Chennai based Redington to retail new iPhone models
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali launches dairy products