Agra to host leather, footwear components fair from November 7
The Eighth International Leather, Footwear Components and Technology Fair will be held here from November 7 to 9, according to a report in PTI.October 20, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Eighth International Leather, Footwear Components and Technology Fair will be held here from November 7 to 9, according to a report in PTI.
Around 170 manufacturers from all over India and from Germany, France, Italy, Thailand, Taiwan and Pakistan would put up stalls displaying latest techniques in the manufacture of footwear and other leather goods, said Pooran Dawar, Chairman of Agra Footwear Manufacturers and Exporters Chamber.
There was a rise of 32 per cent in the export of Indian leather goods, leather garments, leather footwear and components during the first half of the current financial year, Dawar added.
Speaking to the media ahead of the fair, he said India accounted for just about four per cent of world exports despite this robust growth.
He said the country needed better technologies to be able to manufacture leather goods, including footwear, that would compete with the best globally.
Dawar said the components and technology fair being held at Agra would focus on Taiwan, which was the number one country in the manufacture of footwear components and even China banks heavily on footwear components from Taiwanese industry, he added.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019