Agra to host leather, footwear components fair from November 7
The Eighth International Leather, Footwear Components and Technology Fair will be held here from November 7 to 9, according to a report in PTI.October 20, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Eighth International Leather, Footwear Components and Technology Fair will be held here from November 7 to 9, according to a report in PTI.
Around 170 manufacturers from all over India and from Germany, France, Italy, Thailand, Taiwan and Pakistan would put up stalls displaying latest techniques in the manufacture of footwear and other leather goods, said Pooran Dawar, Chairman of Agra Footwear Manufacturers and Exporters Chamber.
There was a rise of 32 per cent in the export of Indian leather goods, leather garments, leather footwear and components during the first half of the current financial year, Dawar added.
Speaking to the media ahead of the fair, he said India accounted for just about four per cent of world exports despite this robust growth.
He said the country needed better technologies to be able to manufacture leather goods, including footwear, that would compete with the best globally.
Dawar said the components and technology fair being held at Agra would focus on Taiwan, which was the number one country in the manufacture of footwear components and even China banks heavily on footwear components from Taiwanese industry, he added.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2