Airtel gets Vittal back
Gopal Vittal, who had recently put down his papers in Hindustan Unilever, will join back Bharti AirtelFebruary 09, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Gopal Vittal, who had recently put down his papers in Hindustan Unilever, will join back Bharti Airtel as Group Director – Special Projects. He will be taking care of “Airtel's international strategy and to build world class data business”. The new role will commence from April 3, 2012.
The development came across in a press statement by Sunil Bharti Mittal, Chairman and Managing Director Bharti Airtel, where he said, “We are delighted to have Gopal back at Airtel. Given our global aspirations and a fast evolving mobile telephony landscape led by explosive growth of data services, we are preparing a strong platform for the next phase of our growth.”
Vittal has been a part of Airtel as Director – Marketing from 2006-2008.
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear
- Virat Kohli's One8 expands brand portfolio
- Lighthouse invests INR 250 crores in footwear brand Aqualite
- PrettySecrets launches new store