Airtel gets Vittal back
Gopal Vittal, who had recently put down his papers in Hindustan Unilever, will join back Bharti AirtelFebruary 09, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Gopal Vittal, who had recently put down his papers in Hindustan Unilever, will join back Bharti Airtel as Group Director – Special Projects. He will be taking care of “Airtel's international strategy and to build world class data business”. The new role will commence from April 3, 2012.
The development came across in a press statement by Sunil Bharti Mittal, Chairman and Managing Director Bharti Airtel, where he said, “We are delighted to have Gopal back at Airtel. Given our global aspirations and a fast evolving mobile telephony landscape led by explosive growth of data services, we are preparing a strong platform for the next phase of our growth.”
Vittal has been a part of Airtel as Director – Marketing from 2006-2008.
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group