Alfred Dunhill to exit India
In the process of shutting down its stores.July 12, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Alfred Dunhill, which came to India four years ago through Brand House, is winding up its India operations. As a result, it will be shutting down the stores it operates in the country. The stores in Mumbai and Bangalore have already shut its doors and the store in Delhi shall follow.
Given the existing economic and retail challenges the further continuation of the brand’s business in India has been called off. However, it may make a re-entry into India when it will find the opportunity to do so and when the economic conditions are more stabilised. The deal has not been scrapped on paper yet. High rentals, affluent Indians buying overseas and access to a limited product range is what led to the brand’s downturn.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India