Amazon Kindle @Croma
Croma to exclusively sell the product through stores and online.August 23, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The world renowned Amazon Kindle Store hits the Indian shore. Amazon has announced the launch of its Kindle Store with the largest selection books in rupees from international and Indian writers.
Amazon has selected Croma as its initial exclusive retailer for kindles. “We are excited to be the first retailer in India to offer the latest generation Kindle to our customers.
This product will launch exclusively in all Croma stores across India at an introductory price of Rs 6,999,” said Ajit Joshi, MD & CEO of Infiniti Retail Ltd. “Kindle is the bestselling e‐reader in the world and has revolutionized the way people read. Kindle wirelessly downloads books on a high resolution electronic-ink screen that looks and reads just like real paper, even in bright sunlight.”
The India Kindle Store features a vast selection of titles, new releases, bestsellers, and works from a range of Indian authors, including Chetan Bhagat, Ashwin Sanghi, Ravinder Singh and Amish Tripathi. Readers will also find exclusive Kindle books such as “Love, Life and a Beer Can” by Prashant Sharma, and “Reality Bites; a not so innocent Love Story” by Anurag Anand as well as over one million free classics available to download and read on Kindle.
“We are proud to launch this new Kindle store for Indian customers - offering Kindle book purchases in rupees and the ability to buy and read the work of many great Indian authors,” said Russ Grandinetti, vice president of Kindle Content, Amazon.com. “In addition, we are excited to work with Croma to make Kindle available at retail outlets across India.”
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021