Amazon registers sales surge across the categories at opening day of festive sale
3 out of 4 phones sold in India in a single day were on Amazon.inOctober 11, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
Amazon.in flagged off its Great Indian Festival 2018 as the biggest day ever with record-breaking sales across categories. Smartphones led the opening day sales with three out of four phones sold in the country being on Amazon.in. Large appliances saw a massive 30X growth over an average business day driven by huge spike in all key categories such as TVs, refrigerators, washing machines, dishwashers among others. Amazon Fashion saw its biggest day ever while consumables saw huge jumps over the previous largest day sales.
In smartphones, the market leading brands in both mass and premium segment – Xiaomi and OnePlus – saw their biggest single day sales ever on Amazon.in. While Xiaomi sold more than a million devices in a single day*, OnePlus saw a record pre-booking of their new launch OnePlus 6T. Large Appliances overall grew 2.5X buoyed by refrigerators. Brands such as BPL, LG and Bosch saw massive demand.
“We are delighted and humbled how customers have responded to the Great Indian Festival to provide us with the biggest opening ever with more Prime members shopping than ever before. We are delighted also that our efforts to bring the next 100M customers online are clearly paying off as we saw more new customers acquired on this day than any day in the last three years. This was also helped by our various financing options that saw a great pick up to ensure no budget constraints got in the way of our customers to fulfill their aspirations this season.” said Manish Tiwary, Vice President - Category Management, Amazon India.
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear