Amazon working on slimmer, better Eco speaker
The move is seen as Amazon's attempt to better Apple's HomePod that was launched in its Worldwide Developers Conference in June.July 15, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
E-commerce marketplace, Amazon is reportedly working on a new flagship Echo speaker that will be slimmer and better than its predecessor to regain the top spot in smart speaker space.
According to a report in Engadget, the updated model will be shorter and slimmer, akin to three or four stacked Echo Dots.
The move is seen as Amazon's attempt to better Apple's HomePod that was launched in its Worldwide Developers Conference in June.
The new Echo would offer better sound using several tweeters instead of just one, similar to the HomePod that will sport seven tweeters when it ships this December.
Amazon is also planning to improve Echo's microphone technology as well as the design.
According to the report, if Amazon can stick to a $180 price tag, it will retain at least one advantage over the HomePod, which will sell for $349.
- Walmart India, Flipkart top executives meet CCI
- GSK exploring merger, may sell Indian entity entirely
- Kroger buys Chicago-based Home Chef for $200 mn
- DHL launches DHL SmarTrucking across India
- Amazon in talks to buy 10% stake in Future Retail
- SoftBank confirms it's selling 22% in Flipkart to Walmart
- Report says retail sector has attracted Rs 5,500 cr PE since 2015
- Kedaara, Partners to buy Vishal Mega Mart from TPG, Shriram Group
- Paytm acquires e-ticketing startup TicketNew
- Online Grocery Startup Milkbasket Raise $7 Mn Series A Round