American Tourister bets big
Eyes Rs 650 crore sales, high expectations from non travel segment.
Tags: American TouristerMay 07, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
American Tourister is looking at sales growth of 60 per cent and the revenue touching around Rs 750 crore this year, buoyed by the rising demand in the non-travel segment.
"The brand should be able to close between Rs 650 and 750 crore this year. Last year, we were about Rs 500 crore. Non-travel segment should contribute about 35 per cent of this turnover," said Sudip Ghose, South Asia marketing director, Samsonite group.
Non-travel category covers those travel bags being used by backpackers and all those travel gears such as duffel bags, adventure gears, laptop bags, pouches among others, except suitcases. The company is eyeing to double the revenue to Rs 100 crore this year from its backpack category. The company also plans to increase its prices this month as its margins are under pressure. American Tourister, the global travel baggage brand, had launched a new pan-India brand campaign for its new products in the backpack category mainly aimed at roping in the youth, as reported by Indianretailer.com in March, 2012.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019