American Tourister bets big
Eyes Rs 650 crore sales, high expectations from non travel segment.
Tags: American TouristerMay 07, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
American Tourister is looking at sales growth of 60 per cent and the revenue touching around Rs 750 crore this year, buoyed by the rising demand in the non-travel segment.
"The brand should be able to close between Rs 650 and 750 crore this year. Last year, we were about Rs 500 crore. Non-travel segment should contribute about 35 per cent of this turnover," said Sudip Ghose, South Asia marketing director, Samsonite group.
Non-travel category covers those travel bags being used by backpackers and all those travel gears such as duffel bags, adventure gears, laptop bags, pouches among others, except suitcases. The company is eyeing to double the revenue to Rs 100 crore this year from its backpack category. The company also plans to increase its prices this month as its margins are under pressure. American Tourister, the global travel baggage brand, had launched a new pan-India brand campaign for its new products in the backpack category mainly aimed at roping in the youth, as reported by Indianretailer.com in March, 2012.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category