Amul: MD calls it quits
BM Vyas, the managing director of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) has resigned.
June 11, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
BM Vyas, the managing director of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) has resigned. The GCMMF is worth Rs 8,000-crore and owns the country’s largest food brand Amul. Though acceptance of his resignation has not been officially announced, yet.
Vyas joined GCMMF in 1978 and became its managing director in 1994. Vyas was selected by Dr Verghese Kurian, the founder of Amul and has been credited for the phenomenal growth and diversification of brand Amul.
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group