Amul: MD calls it quits
BM Vyas, the managing director of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) has resigned.
June 11, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
BM Vyas, the managing director of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) has resigned. The GCMMF is worth Rs 8,000-crore and owns the country’s largest food brand Amul. Though acceptance of his resignation has not been officially announced, yet.
Vyas joined GCMMF in 1978 and became its managing director in 1994. Vyas was selected by Dr Verghese Kurian, the founder of Amul and has been credited for the phenomenal growth and diversification of brand Amul.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years