Amul appoints Sodhi as MD
Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF)
January 05, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF), the co-operative federation that owns the Amul brand, has appointed RS Sodhi as its managing director.
Sodhi was the acting MD of GCMMF after former managing director BM Vyas’s controversial exit a few months ago.
A five-member committee was formed by the federation to appoint the suitable candidate for the position. The committee today unanimously announced its decision to select Sodhi – a pass out from Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) – for the coveted post.
Sodhi, has been associated with Amul since 1982 and holds around 28-29 years of experience in sales and marketing in Asia’s largest milk brand. Earlier, he served the company as the chief general manager of Amul.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021