Amul to invest Rs 3k crores
Expands product portfolio; launches Amul Pro for kids.April 03, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Amul has expanded its product portfolio and launched its protein-rich product for children, Amul Pro. The product is priced well and is competing with its nearest competitor, Bournvita from Cadbury.
The product will be challenging the brown beverage market leaders Bournvita and Boost. With this, the company also plans to grab a 10 per cent share in the Rs 3,000-crore Indian market within the first year.
In terms of capacities, Amul will invest around Rs 3,000 crore in the next five years to set up new plants and enhance its daily milk processing capacity from the existing 145 lakh litres to 180 lakh litres. It currently has 52 such plants.
Amul will be sponsoring the Indian contingent at the London Olympics this year, and is targeting the youngster segment with its new launch for boosting sales. According to R S Sodhi, Managing Director, Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd (Amul India), Amul Pro, with the additive Docosohexaenoic Acid (DHA) to strengthen brain power, is also targeting children in the age-group of 2-15 years.
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen