Amul to invest Rs 3k crores
Expands product portfolio; launches Amul Pro for kids.April 03, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Amul has expanded its product portfolio and launched its protein-rich product for children, Amul Pro. The product is priced well and is competing with its nearest competitor, Bournvita from Cadbury.
The product will be challenging the brown beverage market leaders Bournvita and Boost. With this, the company also plans to grab a 10 per cent share in the Rs 3,000-crore Indian market within the first year.
In terms of capacities, Amul will invest around Rs 3,000 crore in the next five years to set up new plants and enhance its daily milk processing capacity from the existing 145 lakh litres to 180 lakh litres. It currently has 52 such plants.
Amul will be sponsoring the Indian contingent at the London Olympics this year, and is targeting the youngster segment with its new launch for boosting sales. According to R S Sodhi, Managing Director, Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd (Amul India), Amul Pro, with the additive Docosohexaenoic Acid (DHA) to strengthen brain power, is also targeting children in the age-group of 2-15 years.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019