Amway focuses menís grooming products
Has launched men specific product categorySeptember 12, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Leading direct selling FMCG company Amway India is now focusing on the Rs 3,800 crore men's grooming products market.This marked is likely to reach at Rs.5,300 crore by 2016. Recently the company has launched a new range of men's grooming products under the brand name 'Dynamite' in Pune. The new range includes face wash, shave foam, deodorant, shaving cream, whitening cream, after shave splash and hair cream.
Speaking, Sanddep Prakash, regional head, Amway India-West said, "The Indian market is one of the fastest growing markets globally for men’s grooming and personal care cosmetics and men’s skincare has increased by 32 per cent overall over the last two years. Currently, there are very few active players in this category and we don't want to loose this opportunity. Hence, having identified this strong latent need and in cognizance the whole new Dynamite range has been launched." The company also aims to introduce few products in healthcare and beauty sector. Between January and June 2013, the company has recorded a turnover of Rs 313 crore in Maharashtra, compared to Rs 265.23 crore in the same period last year. Amway India is a wholly-owned subsidiary of US-based Amway Corporation. The company aims to take its net sales revenue in India to about Rs 5,000 crore by 2020. Last year, the company had clocked a turnover of Rs 2,288 crore in the country compared to Rs 2,130 crore in 2012. Amway is setting its new manufacturing facility at Nilakottai in Tamil Nadu by 2015. The company is investing around Rs 500 crore in the plant spreading over 49 acres of land. This is Amway's third plant other than USA and China.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019