Apple eyes opening 6 large retail outlets in India
These large outlets, called Flagship Apple Premium Resellers (FAPR), will be launched three each in Delhi, NCR and Mumbai.February 08, 2019 | comments ( 0 ) |
Apple is planning to set up at least six large retail stores, in the range of 5,000 sq ft, in India this year. These large outlets, called Flagship Apple Premium Resellers (FAPR), will be launched three each in Delhi, NCR and Mumbai.
The large retail stores will be about three times larger than Apple's current average size of 1,500 sq ft in which it presently operates. The iPhone maker will open franchisee-operated FAPR outlets in the top Indian cities.
A top executive of a prominent mall said, "They are looking to open one store each in Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida in the NCR this year and three in Mumbai. Apple is not hung up on the 5,000 sq ft size and has indicated the company will make do with even 3,000 sq ft if it gets good locations in prominent malls with high footfalls."
Initially, Apple will introduce one large outlet each in Delhi and Mumbai for gauging the response to the experiment before adding more stores
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear