Apple seeks relaxation in FDI norms
Considering various options to establish its presence here.February 25, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Apple has asked the government to relax the local sourcing clause in its FDI policy, but both sides declined to comment on this matter.
This US-based player is considering various options to establish its presence here. At present, Apple has franchise agreements in the local market with its partners including Reliance Retail, which operates 22 stores.
As per the present norms, it is necessary for a company to source 30 per cent of its contents from the country’s micro, small and medium enterprises.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2