Apple seeks relaxation in FDI norms
Considering various options to establish its presence here.February 25, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Apple has asked the government to relax the local sourcing clause in its FDI policy, but both sides declined to comment on this matter.
This US-based player is considering various options to establish its presence here. At present, Apple has franchise agreements in the local market with its partners including Reliance Retail, which operates 22 stores.
As per the present norms, it is necessary for a company to source 30 per cent of its contents from the country’s micro, small and medium enterprises.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021