Archies ties up with the UK-based company to retail ‘Me to you’ brand
Greetings and gifts retail major Archies Ltd. has tied up with UK-based Carte Blanche Greetings to distribute and sell its brand “Me to You” in India.
September 04, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Greetings and gifts retail major Archies Ltd. has tied up with UK-based Carte Blanche Greetings to distribute and sell its brand “Me to You” in India. The brand’s mascot, a grey teddy with blue nose, is popular among all age group for its cute image across the world and has been licensed for a wide rang of merchandise including calendars, jewellery, cross-stitch kits, confectionery, apparel and personalised items in more than 70 countries. The brand will retail 350-odd SKUs in India. Globally, it has over 5500 SKUs. `Me to You` is the most successful non-media based character brand in the world and its retail sales exceeded $800 million in fiscal 2008. Richard Edmondson, Commercial Director, Carte Blanche Greetings, expressed his hope that in the next five years, India will be contributing as much as $ 10 million in retail sales. `Me to You` products will be initially rolled out in 50-odd Archies’ outlets across India. Subsequently, Archies will have a national roll-out for the brand, informed Anil Moolchandani, Chairman and Managing Director, Archies Ltd. Archies had registered a turnover of Rs 118 crore for 2007-08. It is eyeing a turnover of Rs 140 crore by the end of the current fiscal. Archies occupies 60 per cent market share in the social expression industry in India. After generating a turnover of Rs.118 crore for 2007-2008, Archies is targeting a turnover of Rs.140 crore by the end of this fiscal. Archies enjoys a market share of 60 per cent in social expression segment.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn