Arisaig India buys 2.36% more stake in Tata Trent
The company bought 12 lakh shares of TrentsSeptember 18, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Arisaig India Fund has acquired an additional 2.36 percent stake in Tata's retail arm Trent, taking the fund's total stake in the company to 9.88 percent. Arisaig India has bought 12 lakh shares of Trent which owns the Westside and Star Bazaar chain of stores. The estimated cost of acquisition is worth Rs 116.2 crore.
Arisaig India Fund is a registered Singapore headquartered FII and part of Arisaig Partners, that has an exclusive focus on domestic consumer sectors in countries like Singapore, India, China, South Africa, Brazil and UK.
In July, Arisaig Partners picked up a 3.47 percent stake in McDonald's franchisee Westlife Development for R180 crore. The fund also bought 1.3 crore shares of Future Ventures India for R13.73 crore, earlier this year.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India