Arvind aims to be Rs 2000 cr brand
Aims 400 The Arvind Store in next five years.June 10, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Arvind Limited, one of India’s largest textiles and apparel manufacturer and retailer, aims to become Rs 2000 crore entity by FY 2017-18. The brand recently posted revenues of Rs 1900 crore in FY2012-13.
The four fold growth strategy has been put in place to achieve the revenues. The strategy will strongly be aimed at expanding the retail presence especially the new retail format of 'The Arvind Store' and launching new collections including new fabric brand 'Tresca', catering to the high-end shirting and suitings market. Arvind looks at transforming it into a Rs 250 crore brand in the next five years.
On the retail front, Arvind which currently operates through 100 stores across India, will expand to over 400 stores in the next five years. For the upcoming outlets company is looking to establish modern and futuristic layout and will exhibit the best of Arvind merchandise under one roof. New outlets will reckon as a complete lifestyle destination offering comprehensive wardrobe solution to consumers.
To mark the development Kulin Lalbhai, Executive Director of Arvind Limited, said, “Our aim is to make Arvind an Rs 2000 crore mega brand in the next five years. It will be made possible with the rapid roll-out of 'The Arvind Store' format which will have over 400 stores and revenues of in excess of Rs. 600 crore by FY2017-18. Our new premium fabric brand ‘Tresca’ will target the fast growing premium shirting and suiting fabric market. The 'Brand Arvind' will play a critical role towards Arvind Ltd's vision of building a $1 billion brands and retail business. Our aim for the brand Arvind is to attain a leadership position in the fabric brands and retail market in India.”
The modern retail format of The Arvind Store is aiming to transform the old and weary mom-&-pop channel, and will try its best to fulfill the aspirations of highly developing modern India.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years