Arvind ties up with Billabong
Arvind plans to open 10 stores across India.December 12, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Arvind Ltd has entered an exclusive distribution deal with Australian surfwear brand Billabong for the Indian market. Under the agreement, Arvind Ltd will promote and market the brand in the country and will be opening up stand-alone stores, as well as shop in shops in department stores and leading multibrand stores. Arvind plans to open 10 stores across India in the initial phase and will compete with Quiiksilver and Roxy owned by Reliance Brands.
In turn, Billabong will leverage Arvind's significant expertise in building international brands in India to enhance its iconic status and presence in this important emerging market.
J Suresh, Managing Director & CEO of Arvind Brands and Retail said, “We are delighted to sign the Distribution Agreement with Billabong, one of the world's largest surfwear brands with a turnover of 51.5 billion. Billabong is strongly focused on youth and is ideal for the Indian market which has the largest youth demographic in the world.”
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India
- LOTS Wholesale Solutions expands footprint with its third store in India
- Microsoft partners with retail chain Kroger to develop grocery stores