Arvind ties up with Billabong
Arvind plans to open 10 stores across India.December 12, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Arvind Ltd has entered an exclusive distribution deal with Australian surfwear brand Billabong for the Indian market. Under the agreement, Arvind Ltd will promote and market the brand in the country and will be opening up stand-alone stores, as well as shop in shops in department stores and leading multibrand stores. Arvind plans to open 10 stores across India in the initial phase and will compete with Quiiksilver and Roxy owned by Reliance Brands.
In turn, Billabong will leverage Arvind's significant expertise in building international brands in India to enhance its iconic status and presence in this important emerging market.
J Suresh, Managing Director & CEO of Arvind Brands and Retail said, “We are delighted to sign the Distribution Agreement with Billabong, one of the world's largest surfwear brands with a turnover of 51.5 billion. Billabong is strongly focused on youth and is ideal for the Indian market which has the largest youth demographic in the world.”
- From MakeMyTrip to Cleartrip, e-travel firms to top $10 bn in bookings
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO