Atkins plans India venture
Leading American diet food-maker, Atkins, will soon be introducing its weight-management products in the domestic market of India.
September 19, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Leading American diet food-maker, Atkins, will soon be introducing its weight-management products in the domestic market of India. "Within the next three to six months you will see Atkins products here. We are trying to find the right distributor that can hawk our products and run our educational training system to begin with. Later on, we may look at opening Atkins Clinics," said Greg Boucher, Regional Director for Middle East, Africa and Asia, Atkins.
The USD 2.4-billion Denver-based Atkins Nutritionals Inc is a diet / healthy foods major that specialises mostly in sugar-free products with its most popular brands Advantage, Day Break, and Endulge. Atkins markets its wares in 16 countries. As per the company, it would initially investing about Rs 2.4 crore in the country. On the distribution plan, he said that the products will be sold at hypermarkets, pharmacies, fitness clubs, etc.
On the rationale for entering India, he said, "We have been looking at the market for about five years and now we are ready. Awareness about obesity and overweight issues is increasing here."
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2