Atkins plans India venture
Leading American diet food-maker, Atkins, will soon be introducing its weight-management products in the domestic market of India.
September 19, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Leading American diet food-maker, Atkins, will soon be introducing its weight-management products in the domestic market of India. "Within the next three to six months you will see Atkins products here. We are trying to find the right distributor that can hawk our products and run our educational training system to begin with. Later on, we may look at opening Atkins Clinics," said Greg Boucher, Regional Director for Middle East, Africa and Asia, Atkins.
The USD 2.4-billion Denver-based Atkins Nutritionals Inc is a diet / healthy foods major that specialises mostly in sugar-free products with its most popular brands Advantage, Day Break, and Endulge. Atkins markets its wares in 16 countries. As per the company, it would initially investing about Rs 2.4 crore in the country. On the distribution plan, he said that the products will be sold at hypermarkets, pharmacies, fitness clubs, etc.
On the rationale for entering India, he said, "We have been looking at the market for about five years and now we are ready. Awareness about obesity and overweight issues is increasing here."
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021