Audi India scales new heights
Half-yearly sales at 4000 with 43 percent growth.
Tags: Audi IndiaJuly 02, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Audi maintained its strong growth in the Indian luxury car market during the first half of the year, amassing sales of 4000 cars during January to June, 2012, marking up a 43 percent growth in comparison to the corresponding period last year, when it sold 2802 cars.
Audi India’s sale in June 2012 stood at an impressive 718 cars, a growth of 76 percent. (June 2011: 408 cars). “Ours is a dynamic brand and we have set the pace for our next level of growth in India. Our product portfolio, innovative marketing initiatives and focus on dealer expansion
are some of the prime drivers in this competitive scenario. With the help of our robust consumer propositions, we are also confident of further boosting our sales despite the economic challenges like high fuel prices, inflation, reduction in retail loans and rupee devaluation”, said Michael Perschke, Head, Audi India.
“2012 is emerging as the most successful year in the history of the brand, worldwide. Given our outstanding performance in the first six months of the year, we are right on track to achieve the sales target of 8000 cars by year end and consolidating our position in the market again as the fastest growing luxury brand. The launch of Audi Q3 was in line with our strategic course of product expansion in the market for sustainable and profitable growth. We achieved 500 bookings for the SUV within just 5 days of the launch, of which 200 deliveries have already been accomplished. Seeing the tremendous response to it, we have opened the next round of bookings for 500 Audi Q3s and expect the same enthusiasm from our customers”, added Perschke.
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear
- Virat Kohli's One8 expands brand portfolio
- Lighthouse invests INR 250 crores in footwear brand Aqualite
- PrettySecrets launches new store