Audi on the highway
Clocks positive profit figures, launches new models in India.
Tags: AudiJune 06, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Audi grew by 37 percent during January to May of 2012, delivering 3281 vehicles as compared to 2394 vehicles delivered during the same period last year. Audi India recorded sales of 450 cars in May 2012 – a growth of 10 percent over the same period last year (May 2011: 408 cars).
Audi India plans to expand its network to 25 dealerships by the end of 2012 from its existing 19 centres. Audi recently opened new showrooms in Coimbatore, Delhi West Nagpur and its second in Madhya Pradesh in Bhopal. Last year, the luxury carmaker opened new showrooms in Delhi South, Chennai, Ludhiana, Surat and Indore. Further developments include Lucknow, Navi Mumbai and Mumbai South among others.
“With impressive sales growth in the first five months of this year and the launch of the Audi TT, new Audi A4 and now Audi S4, 2012 is proving to be an exciting time for us. From the introduction of innovative products and services to customer initiatives, we are making great strides in our endeavor towards customer delight. We are continuously reviewing our plans vis-à-vis market trends and changing customer preferences in order to satisfy the growing demand for luxury cars in the country. After the introduction of the new Audi A4 we saw a lot of Audi ‘fans’ requesting for the Audi S4, and we responded to this demand. The new Audi S4 joins the successful league of our sedans and we are confident that it will also script a success story similar to its predecessors”, said Michael Perschke, Head, Audi India.
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India
- LOTS Wholesale Solutions expands footprint with its third store in India
- Microsoft partners with retail chain Kroger to develop grocery stores