“Avon Believe World Tour”
Avon has raised more than $30 million in more than 50 countries to end violence against women
August 09, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Avon Chairman and CEO Andrea Jung on Saturday celebrated Avon’s 125th Anniversary in New Delhi, the 15th stop on the 16-city “Avon Believe World Tour.” More than 2,000 Avon Representatives from across India joined to celebrate the company’s heritage and belief in its mission to empower women.
Held at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi, the event witnessed an award ceremony to acknowledge the success stories of Avon Representatives. With a soulful performance by Aisha Ali, Avon Voices Semi Finalist, and a scintillating dance number by Prince Dance Group, winner of India’s Got Talent Season I, made the evening extra special even as the star of the company, Jung, addressed the audience with an empowering speech around the core theme of the tour ‘Believe’.
With this tour to India, Jung also brings her unmatched dedication to women’s causes through a program to end domestic violence. She presented a grant of $60,000 to CREA to continue its work to support victims of domestic violence.
“As the company for women, Avon feels an obligation and responsibility to play a leadership role in helping to improve the lives of women around the world, and we truly believe we can make a difference,” says CEO Andrea Jung. “Avon was founded in 1886, and has been inspiring and financially empowering women for 125 years. Today, Avon is the largest engine of economic opportunity for women on earth, serving more than six million Avon Representatives in over 100 countries.”
Hemant Singh, Managing Director, Avon India, says, “This anniversary is an opportunity for us to recognize the Representatives of India who make Avon the company for women. It is truly one of the only companies that transcends cultures and continues to empower women financially.”
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021